As the Logistics & Supply Chain Manager, you will set up processes related to logistics and supply chain, be involved in day-to-day operations, ensure timely delivery of orders, strive for costs and quality improvements through vendor selection and management, manage imports and exports of goods.
We are looking for a creative self-starting candidate, ready to look for non-standard solutions, who can not only work on the current operational activities but can also take the initiative and develop effective solutions, suggest improvements and optimization schemes.
We welcome your short story about yourself in a cover letter explaining why this job attracts you and why you think you are our perfect candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Search and selection of domestic and international suppliers (equipment, chemicals, raw materials, marketing materials), market analysis, assessment of counterparties, creation of suppliers’ database, contracts negotiation with suppliers of raw materials and equipment, with carriers / forwarders, insurance companies, safekeeping warehouses, etc.; control over the execution of contracts and financial settlements;
- Timely execution of orders (internal and external): processing, monitoring and control, paperwork.
- Organization and tracking of the transportation of goods (domestic and international) at all stages, including determining the method of transportation, optimizing the route, coordinating the work of the counterparties, preparing shipping documentation and control of document flow.
- Arranging paperwork required for export and import customs clearance, work with customs representatives and brokers for import and export, obtaining necessary permits.
- Receiving raw materials and goods at the warehouse, dispatching orders from the warehouse, planning of warehouse storage, inventory, warehouse reporting.
- Risk management in logistics: providing insurance for equipment, goods, raw materials, materials, cargo, carrier liability; organization of measures to ensure the safety of goods during transportation, during storage and internal movement
- Development of recommendations and instructions for the production unit when creating packaging from the point of ensuring safety during transportation and compliance with requirements for export cargo packaging.
- Vendor management, cost optimization, quality improvement, audits, pre-shipment inspections
- Close interaction with functional departments within the company (accounting, marketing, operations, sales, R&D)
- Budgeting and forecasting: calculation of costs for the creation and storage of stocks, purchasing costs, warehouse and storage operations, logistics, insurance.
- Order types: office supplies, marketing consumables and souvenirs, consumables (including chemical reagents) and equipment for laboratory, equipment, packaging and raw materials (chemicals and sand/ceramic proppant) for manufacturing site, goods (proppant) delivery to oilfields, standard and custom designed metal tools and other.
Business trips: Up to 2 times per month
Work experience: >2 years in a similar position
Education: Bachelor’s degree (economics, logistics, supply chain management)
- Successful experience in procurement, logistics, international trade (including incoterms), supply chain management.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Knowledge of the workflow and paperwork associated with the procurement activities of the company and logistics: documents for the procurement and supply of goods, transport documents (domestic and international), documents required for customs clearance.
- Knowledge of requirements of the legislation of China and regulatory legal acts governing activities in the field of procurement and transportation of goods and relevant international regulations for import/export.
- Fundamentals of civil, administrative, customs legislation applicable to procurement, transportation and storage of goods.
- Ability to analyse existing processes and the ability to change / optimize them. Ability to set up processes from scratch.
- Critical thinking.
- Ability to analyse statistics, needs and requirements and building reliable forecasts.
- Developed negotiation skills, ability to resolve conflict situations, flexibility to achieve set goals.
- Multitasking, prioritization.
High level of self-responsibility and self-discipline, diligence, exceptional level of attention to details, flexibility, integrity, proactive approach to problem solving, self-starting, team player, person of integrity, experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information, effective communication skills, analytical skills, holds a can-do attitude, excellent organizational skills
IT Skills: Microsoft Office – advanced user
Chinese: native, full working proficiency
English: Upper-Intermediate and above (phone and e-mail communication with HQ, international suppliers)
Russian: Upper-Intermediate and above will be an additional advantage, but not necessary
Job type: Full time
Send your CV and cover letter (both in English) to Jenia.email@example.com